There are only weeks left before Worthy Farm will be packed with festival-goers as the popular Glastonbury Festival returns for the first time since 2019. The five-day event is expected to welcome hundreds of thousands of music fans to the popular site after the 2020 and 2021 festivals were canceled due to the Covid pandemic.
Organizer Emily Eavis shared footage on her social media in May showing the Pyramid Stage being assembled on the farm. The festival is expected to host an array of musical artists such as Years and Years, Diana Ross, Pet Shop Boys, Olivia Rodrigo, Jamie T and many more.
So if you’re wondering when the music event starts, how you can watch and who will be the headliner, we’ve got all the details you need:
When does Glastonbury Festival 2022 start?
Glastonbury Festival 2022 runs from Wednesday June 22 to Sunday June 26. Tickets for Glastonbury 2022 were bought up quickly as customer deposits for the 2020 festival were postponed for a second year after the Worthy Farm team had to cancel the festival due to the pandemic.
But if you weren’t lucky enough to buy a ticket for the big event, that doesn’t mean you have to miss it. You can still catch performances thanks to the BBC, which will be broadcasting live from the festival from Thursday,
Music fans can watch all the action on the iPlayer. There will be a dedicated Glastonbury channel which will launch on June 23, providing a live broadcast of four days of performances and all the latest festival news will be available to viewers. More than 35 hours of coverage will also be broadcast on its channels.
Who will headline Glastonbury 2022?
There are plenty of acts taking place on the iconic Pyramid stage over the three nights of live music. Billie Eilish, Sir Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar will be the latest performers to head to the Pyramid throughout the weekend. The stage will also host performances by Sam Fender, Haim and Diana Ross and many more.
Glastonbury released full line-up details late last month and you can see the full line-up for all Glastonbury stops here. Here is the full weekend lineup for the Pyramid Stage:
- Billie Eilish – 22:15 – 23:45
- Sam Fender – 20:15 – 21:15
- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss – 6:15 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wolf Alice – 16:45 – 17:45
- Crowded house – 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Rufus Wainwright – 13:45 – 14:45
- Ziggy Marley – 12:15 – 13:15
- Paul McCartney – 9:30 p.m. – 11:45 p.m.
- High Flying Birds by Noel Gallagher – 19:15 – 20:30
- Haim – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- AJ Tracey – 16:00 – 16:45
- The Easy Life – 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Joy Crookes – 13:15 – 14:00
- African Amazons – 12:00 – 12:45
- Kendrick Lamar – 21:45 – 23:15
- Lorde – 7:30 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Elbow – 17:45 – 18:45
- Diana Ross – 16:00 – 17:15
- Herbie Hancock – 14:00 – 15:00
- Dakhabrakha – 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Black Dyke Band – 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.